I thought I’d invented this recipe, but my terrible friend “Ted Bigsby” kindly pointed out that I am not a beautiful and unique snowflake and neither is this recipe. But that’s fine. It’s still delicious and Bigsby can eat a bag of balls.
I’ve been promising this recipe for maybe a month to a couple of people, so here it is!
Egg Roll Bowl
- 1 large cabbage, shredded or sliced into strips
- 9 oz. julienned carrots ( I went the lazy route and just bought a bag of matchstick carrots)
- 1 lb. ground pork
- 1 head of celery, finely chopped (about 8 oz.)
- 1/4 cup coconut aminos (or liquid aminos or soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons coconut aminos (or liquid aminos or soy sauce)
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon fat of choice (I used bacon fat)
- 1 tablespoon Sriracha
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- green onion, chopped, for garnish
- Cook ground pork and 1/4 cup coconut aminos over medium-high heat, breaking up into crumbles until done. Remove from pan.
- In large pot, stir-fry sriracha, ginger, garlic, carrots, and celery in 1 tablespoon of fat and 2 tablespoons coconut aminos.
- Add ground pork and cabbage to carrot and celery mixture. Cook over medium-low heat until the cabbage is cooked down and caramelized. Remove from heat and serve.
- Optional: Once removed from heat, stir 1 tablespoon sesame oil into mixture, then serve with green onion garnish
This recipe should serve 8 regular or 4 large portions
P.S. – Grad School will be out for three weeks (SPRING BREAK, BABY!!!), so I’ll be taking a brief hiatus. We shall return April 24th with a guest post from Rachel Smith!